MacOS WeaveIt Pro
is a full-featured weaving application for Mac operating system that designed for the weaver who wants to design drafts creatively.
It requires MacOS 10.11 or greater (Mac OSX is now called MacOS).
See detailed screen shots
See video demos
- Easy to use user interface
- Extensive on-line help and glossary of weaving terms.
- Allows up to: 64 harnesses, unlimited treadles
- No limit on number of warp and weft threads
- Balanced, Warp faced, Weft faced, and Warp-rep Weave, Double Weave
- View multiple patterns open at same time
- Edit in one window, while display warp-faced, weft-faced, variable-width or double-weave in fabric window.
Changes are immediately displayed in both windows.
- Cut and paste threading or treadling between patterns.
- Display threading at bottom of screen with treadling going up.
- WIF weaving independent file format allows you to exchange weaving drafts with other weaving programs.
- Edit and display draft as lift plan.
- Allows Multiple Treadles.
- Easy to create and edit threading and treadling and tie-up drafts.
- Edit actions include:
- Mark single cells, draw lines, draw curves
- Cut, copy, paste
- Flip in both directions
- Repeat selection of threading or treadling
- Create advancing threading
- Create network draft
- Invert selection of tie-up
- Clear selection of the tie-up
- Create twill tie-up quickly by entering in first column.
- Re-arrange shafts or treadles for more convenient weaving.
- Create custom color palettes with unlimited number of colors.
- Select and quickly change color when editing draft.
- Colors are linked to yarns so color can be changed for every occurrence of that color
- Variable width for a yarn color can be set to appear everywhere its used.
- Yarn colors can have names and types.
- Color n' weave effects can be created.
- Metric units available
- Computes number of warp ends.
- Computes yardage requirements for warp and weft, and for each yarn.
- Handles variable-width yarns.
- Given fabric loom dimensions will compute finished fabric dimensions.
- Calculates warps based on exact pattern.
- Computes number of heddles required for each shaft
- Computes and displays the color order.
- Computes and displays sectional warping.
- Calculate sett.
- Treadle as drawn-in
- Color n' Weave
- Turn the draft
- Interleave drafts with custom ratios.
- Parallel threading for up to 4 lines.
- Find floats and edit as they are listed.
- Network drafting.
- Block Substitution
Manual Tracking for non-computerized looms
- Keeps track of threading using custom sized groups.
- Keep track of treadling either as treadles or lift plan.
- Both thread tracking and treadle tracking show yarn colors.
- Both tracking types provides options for customizing how you track.
See detailed screen shots.
See video demos